От издателя об этом Audio CD:
• SILVER CONVENTION started life in Munich in 1974 as Silver Bird Convention when German song writing and producing partners Michael Kunze and Sylvester Levay released the single ‘Save Me’ on Jupiter Records, enlisting three session singers to take care of the minimal vocal refrain on the track. With the “Bird” soon dropped from the acts name ‘Save Me’ became an international Disco hit heralding the start of continued success throughout the 70’s and is featured on “Silver Convention” (BBRCD0266). The title track from their second album “Get Up And Boogie,” (CDBBR0275) well known as the groups most famous track, took them back to the top end of the charts, as well as being a huge hit in the clubs. “Get Up And Boogie” confirmed the group’s reputation for very catchy, accessible dance floor music that was at the forefront of the Euro-disco movement.
• MADHOUSE (R&B #47/Pop #65), the groups third album, was released in 1976, hot on the heels of the success from “Get Up And Boogie.” Kunze and Levay emphasized the funkier elements in the group’s Euro-disco sound on MADHOUSE. There are still plenty of the trademark swirling strings and the production is still very slick and smooth but there is no question, with tracks like “Madhouse,” “Plastic People” and “I’m Not A Slot Machine” that this album is the funkiest offered by Silver Convention and pushed the boundaries of their Euro-disco sound.
• Other standout tracks on this album are the US single “Dancing In The Aisle” (R&B #80/Pop #102), the German single “Fancy Party,” and the Northern Soul-esque UK single “Everybody’s Talking ‘Bout Love,” unsurprisingly a UK hit peaking at #25.
• BBR is very proud to present MADHOUSE, expertly remastered and complete with extensive liner notes and bonus tracks. Essential listening for all Funk, Disco, Dance and Pop fans.
- EXPANDED ED.
2. Plastic People
3. I'm Not A Slot Machine
4. Fancy Party
5. Dancing In The Aisle
6. Everybody's Talking 'Bout Love
7. Magic Mountain
8. Midnight Lady
9. Land Of Make Believe
10. Madhouse (Finale)
11. Fancy Party (Single Version)
12. Dancing In The Aisles (Take Me Higher) (Single Version)