От издателя об этом Audio CD:
К изданию прилагается 6-страничная раскладка со списком треков и дополнительной информацией на английском языке.
Digitally remastered edition of this 1974 album. Gil Evans was to have recorded with Jimi Hendrix. The idea was to feature the Hendrix solo guitar and voice against the cushion of Evans' orchestrations, much in the manner of the Gil Evans-Miles Davis collaborations of the late 1940's and again in the 1950's. Denied the opportunity when the guitarist died in London a week before the preliminary meetings were set, Gil forged ahead with a whole concert of Hendrix compositions at Carnegie Hall, and, with the same young group, the sessions for this album. Evans told Rolling Stone magazine: "Stop and think about Hendrix' guitar work, about how difficult it was, and is, to play a guitar that way - the use, the correct use, of electronics. And yet for him it was the natural way. What I do is try to keep Jimi in mind when arranging his music. A very, very great guitar player." Gil Evans and Jimi Hendrix - a fusion of rock and jazz, working properly for once, each style drawing from the other. Gil was fond of saying that he looked for the "living spirit" in any music he heard. That spirit is here, alive and well, within these tracks.
Список музыкальных треков:
2. Crosstown Traffic
3. Medley: Castles Made Of Sand / Foxey Lady
4. Up From The Skies
5. 1983 - A Merman I Should Turn To Be
6. Voodoo Chile
7. Gypsy Eyes
8. Little Wing (Bonus Track, Not On Original LP)
9. Angel (Alternate Take) (Bonus Track, Not On Original LP)
10. Castles Made Of Sand (Alternate Take) (Bonus Track, Not On Original LP)
11. Up From The Skies (Alternate Take) (Bonus Track, Not On Original LP)
12. Gypsy Eyes (Alternate Take) (Bonus Track, Not On Original LP)